Introducing Tema v2.1
Tema allows you to download themes directly through your PSVita web browser.
HOW TO USE:
For downloading temp files (here is where the zip files are downloaded and then deleted after the extraction process):
When installing Live Area themes the app makes a backup of your app.db file in
Copy that bakup to a safe place because it will be overwritten next time you install a Live Area Theme.
NOTE: The themes you want to install must not already be inside a folder. All the images have to be directly inside the zip file.
As a side note remember to name/add your preview images as follows so they will appear in the vita theme manager:
Even if the zip does not have these files the theme will work but the preview will appear as blank. The vita will automatically generate a preview image after “equipping” the theme.
LIVE AREA THEME NOT SHOWING ON VITA THEME MANAGER?
Did any error appeared during the installation process?
- Yes: Have you created the correct path for the themes?
- Yes: Try installing again.
- No: Create the path and then try reinstalling again.
- No: Go to the folder path for the type of theme installed (unique or common) and make sure that
the images got successfully transferred. Check that the preview images are named as follows:
- Still not appearing?
- Send message through report a screenshot of the blank space on the vita theme manager, another screenshot showing that the image files actually got installed in the correct path and your app.db so I can check the error.
ERROR MESSAGES AND THEIR MEANING
Currently there are two error messages and both are checked during the installation phase:
- ERROR #1
- THERE WAS A PROBLEM OPENING THE ZIP FILE. THE FILE MIGHT BE CORRUPTED. TRY AGAIN.
- This error occurs after the zip file has been downloaded and the App tries to open it to copy its contents. Due to multiple factors, sometimes the zip files get corrupted and, therefore, will fail to install. That’s when this error usually happens.
- ERROR #2
- THERE WAS A PROBLEM INSTALLING THE THEME. CHECK IF THE INSTALLATION PATH EXISTS AND TRY AGAIN
- This error occurs after the zip contents have been successfully read. When the App tries to copy all the extracted contents to the selected path (ux0:customtheme/u/ - ux0:customtheme/u/ - ux0:VitaShell/theme/) and don’t find the path then this error occurs.
There is also the possibility that for some reason the extraction process fails at some point and only a portion of the files is transferred, then this error might appear even though you theme will “look fine”. Nevertheless, you should reinstall again.
HOW TO USE YOUR ALREADY INSTALLED THEMES
- Download and install Vita Shell Manager. It will let you select which theme you want to use. Pretty simple.
Live Area Themes
- On your Vita Live Area Go to Settings à Start à Theme & Background à Theme. There you can select which theme you want to use.
DO NOT DELETE YOUR CUSTOM LIVE AREA THEMES WITH THE VITA OFICIAL THEME MANAGER, IT WILL THROW AN ERROR. YOU HAVE TO DELETE THEM USING THE APP OR MANUALLY DELETING THE THEME INFO FROM tbl_theme ON YOUR app.db FILE.